Peninsula Rescue Mission has numerous opportunities for you to lend a hand and help with the endeavors at hand- whether through volunteering, making a monetary or item donation, or multiple other ways.
How you can help
Most Needed Items
Inventory constantly changes here at the mission and we want to be good stewards of the gifts we receive from you. Please contact Allison (email@example.com) before collecting items in bulk or assembling “blessing bags.” Our storage space is limited so please do not hesitate to call or email to make your gift impactful!
- BUS PASSES (needed for employment, doctor visits, etc.). BUY PASSES HERE, at Hampton Roads Transit station vending machines, or at selected 7-Eleven and Food Lion stores
- Men’s underwear (Briefs or boxer briefs preferred), sizes MED-3X
- Men’s white undershirts/t-shirts, crewneck or v-neck, sizes Med-3X
- Men’s black/brown belts (all sizes)
- Towels, washcloths, pillowcases, fitted and flat sheets (Twin XL): dark colors preferred
- Walmart/Fast food gift cards
Thrift Store Donations
Donated items are sold in our thrift shop to produce income for PRM…enabling us to better help the less fortunate. Drop them by 6200 Jefferson Ave in Newport News, call 380-6909 or fill out the pickup form to schedule a pickup. Please refer to our Thrift Store Donations Guidelines before calling.
Hampton – every Tuesday.
Newport News – every Thursday. Zip Codes 23605 & 23607 may be picked up on Tuesdays.
Poquoson – 2nd & 4th Tuesdays.
York County – 2nd & 4th Thursdays.
Groups from churches regularly conduct worship in our chapel, singing and sharing the gospel with our residents. Many groups bring refreshments to share with the men after the services. We are blessed to have so many friends holding hands with us in this ministry.
Email Alan to see what opportunities are available and we will reserve a time for you to share with our men.
This is a great place to get involved in volunteering. Individuals and groups of 2 to 6 people can enjoy the blessing of “feeding the hungry.” Some groups provide the meal, while others come and serve food which we have prepared. For a more detailed explanation of how you can help with our meal service, please visit our Meal Prep page.
Interested in volunteering to serve a meal to our men? Please email Faith.
Camp Open Arms
We use lady and men counselors to minister to the children at Camp Open Arms each summer. We strive to have one counselor for every four campers. If you are interested in that type of investment in the life of a needy child or young person, email Alan and he will discuss possibilities with you. Few things provide the reward that comes from impacting a young life for the Lord.
Pray For PRM
• Souls to be saved
• Residents to find jobs
• Financial needs
• Men to grow in Christ
• Wisdom for our Board of Directors
• The children who attend Camp Open Arms
• Men to learn personal responsibility for their actions and their provision
3700 Huntington Ave.
Newport News, VA 23607
6200 Jefferson Ave
Newport News, VA 23605